Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Flights, visa ... tick, tick

Two things done at last.

Flights were booked yesterday at the very reasonable price of £430 (reasonable for booking only three weeks in advance, at least) by the wonderful hoodaki.com. On second thoughts, perhaps I shouldn't call them wonderful until the tickets have actually arrived and my debit card has been correctly charged.

Today I went to the High Commission of India in London to get my VISA. The service was very efficient - only about an hour and a half in total. (Yes, that is efficient - the US embassy takes a full day, I hear.) Hot though, and a lot of hustle and bustle accompanied by the gentle wafts of incense. Like a little piece of India gone astray, perhaps.

Returning to my VISA. It's very cool! A giant sticker with shiny bits on it, that uses up a whole page of my otherwise blank passport. And what's more, they decided to give me a business one. I feel very important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home