Sunday, June 05, 2005

Application for traineeship: sent!

Today I finally mustered up the courage to send my application to Himanshu. Himanshu is my traineeship manager in Jaipur. He tells me that I have a "very bright" chance of being accepted by Pratham (the company for which I want to work), especially now that I have extended my availability from 11 to almost 13 weeks. 13 weeks ... yes, that's quite a long time. I made a travel insurance enquiry several days ago, and they gave me a quote for the "ninety-one" days that I had requested. I think that just about brought it home!

So, now I sit back and wait for Himanshu to respond. He has to show my entire application to Pratham, who will then make the final decision. If they say yes, I have to drop everything and start making arrangements: flights are getting more expensive by the hour, the time left to have jabs is running out, and I am still yet to book insurance. I do, however, have a suitcase now. A very beautiful suitcase, in fact, so I must definitely find somewhere to go with it now. And as if all of this wasn't hectic enough, Prelims (Oxford's first year exams) start in two weeks tomorrow. Enough said.

2 Comments:

At 3:21 am, Blogger DL said...

Hi Sam!
What a great idea to log your trip planning and details...oh, the power of the web.
It all sounds very cool...and 13 weeks as well! I hope that all your plans work out!

 
At 5:41 am, Blogger ThePants999 said...

Ahhh! A blog! On the one hand... yeah, I suppose it's a good idea. On the other hand... Ahhh! A blog! /me runs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home